ELAN RIPSTICK 106 SKIS 2020-21
The 2021 Elan Ripstick 106 added carbon weave at a 45 degree angle to cut down on the amount of fiberglass needed in the ski. This makes this lightweight all mountain ski an even stronger version of itself. The Ripstick skis all feature a lightweight blend wood core and carbon tubes running internally the length of the ski. Don't forget the Amphibio design, that gives you more rocker on the outside edge and less on your inside edge, that means more edge hold on the inside edge and less catching your outside edge. Mount them with any binding you want, you will have one of the most capable skis in any snow conditions.
- Amphibio Profile – The Amphibio profile is a revolutionary ski design that integrates both rocker and camber profiles into dedicated left and right skis. Amphibio skis feature a cambered inside edge assuring precision, edge grip, and stability while a rockered outside edge provides forgiveness, turning ease and smooth transitions.
- Tubelite Wood Core – To create the TubeLite Wood Core, two super lightweight Carbon tubes are inserted into a lightweight laminated wood core. Measuring 5mm in diameter and hollow in their construction, these tubes run along the length of the ski following the arc of the side cut. They provide torsional stability and powerful rebound while allowing for material reduction of the core. The result is incredible lightweight response and stability.
- Carbon Line Technology – Amphibio Carbon Line technology is a combination of innovations that provide the best balance of lightweight construction with power and performance. Amphibio Carbon Line technology elevates the asymmetrical ski design to the next level by strategically locating carbon reinforcement over the inside edges of the skis providing more power in the turn, while carbon rods inserted into the woodcore maximize weight savings and overall stability. The end result is an extremely lightweight high performance ski with uncompromised versatility and smooth performance.
- Vapor Tip Inserts – Vapor Tip inserts are advanced composites that are integrated into the tip and tail area of the ski‘s core. These inserts reduce weight and vibration, dramatically improving stability and ensuring a smooth ride even in the most demanding conditions.
- Fiberglass – Fiberglass reinforcement optimizes the ?ex pattern and enhances torsional rigidity of the ski. The fibers are positioned either above or below the ski core and improve the ski’s structural integrity.
- SST Sidewall Construction – The SST Sidewall Construction provides quick, nimble and direct power transmission from the ski to snow as well as providing exceptional torsional rigidity.
- ABILITY LEVEL: Advanced,Expert
- SKI BOARD BASE: Sintered
- SKI BOARD CONSTRUCTION: Sandwich
- SKI BOARD CORE: Wood
- SKI INCLUDES SKI BINDINGS: No
- SKI BOARD ROCKER TYPE: Rocker/Camber/Rocker
- SKI TERRAIN: Powder
- SKI TWIN TIP: No
- SKI WAIST WIDTH RANGE: 100-109mm